OIL ON SPARK PLUG AT CHANGE

• TOOLMANDAL
  • Kia

We took our 2001 Kia Sportage to Advance because it was idling and running rough. Thier computer shown that number 1 cylinder was miss firing. I had replaced spark plugs and then the wires over a year ago for the same problem and after the wires were replaced this fixed the problem. To day I changed the spark plugs and while changing I noticed alot of oil on the last plug near the firewall. It ran fine for 10 miles the the rough running developed again. This car has 128,565 milles on it. I figure this spark plug is fould out again. What does this excessive amount of oil mean or possibly mean.
Thanks,
Dallas

Tuesday, August 21st, 2007 AT 10:27 PM

• Service Writer

Not sure what engine you have, but I assume the plugs are are surrounded by the valve cover. If so replace the vavle cover gasket and the spark plug hole seals.

Friday, August 24th, 2007 AT 6:30 PM
  • gereli74

Have the same prob. Oil with my spark plug. I hope you dont mind me asking how much did you spent to have it fixed?

Wednesday, September 26th, 2007 AT 4:01 PM
  • shanadawson

I have a 99 sportage and I have the same problem would like to know about how much was it to get that problem fixed also.

Monday, June 29th, 2009 AT 1:51 PM
  • Service Writer

Call your local shop and ask for a quote.

Monday, June 29th, 2009 AT 3:03 PM