OIL ON SPARK PLUG AT CHANGE

Kia

TOOLMANDAL

August, 21, 2007 AT 10:27 PM

We took our 2001 Kia Sportage to Advance because it was idling and running rough. Thier computer shown that number 1 cylinder was miss firing. I had replaced spark plugs and then the wires over a year ago for the same problem and after the wires were replaced this fixed the problem. To day I changed the spark plugs and while changing I noticed alot of oil on the last plug near the firewall. It ran fine for 10 miles the the rough running developed again. This car has 128,565 milles on it. I figure this spark plug is fould out again. What does this excessive amount of oil mean or possibly mean.
Thanks,
Dallas

Service Writer

August, 24, 2007 AT 6:30 PM

Not sure what engine you have, but I assume the plugs are are surrounded by the valve cover. If so replace the vavle cover gasket and the spark plug hole seals.

gereli74

September, 26, 2007 AT 4:01 PM

Have the same prob. Oil with my spark plug. I hope you dont mind me asking how much did you spent to have it fixed?

shanadawson

June, 29, 2009 AT 1:51 PM

I have a 99 sportage and I have the same problem would like to know about how much was it to get that problem fixed also.

Service Writer

June, 29, 2009 AT 3:03 PM

Call your local shop and ask for a quote.

Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230