OPTIMA 02 ALTERNATOR

2002 Kia

lainhart3

September, 3, 2006 AT 8:11 PM

I have a 02 kia optima that the battery light came on and we replaced the alternator and it started running again but the alternator went out again so we replaced it again because I got a used one. I replaced the used one with another used one but this one only lasted about a month. What would make the alternators go out so often I believe it has to be something other than that they just keep wearing out but I could be wrong.

syncrait

September, 4, 2006 AT 5:45 AM

Are you doing the work yourself and are you getting the alternators tested when your bringing them back in the store. When you replace the alternator it is also a good idea to replace the belt too because if the belt is streched the alternator dosent get the rpms needed to keep the battery charged. Also put your battery on a charger for a night so the alternator isnt working with a dead battery which can also burn out an alternator. Good luck : )

Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator testing done right