2002 KIA RIO 62K - REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

• Sheabelle
  • 2002 Kia

The defroster just stopped working completely. The light in the dashboard still goes on when I push in the button, but the window stays cold. Is this an easy fix?

Wednesday, January 24th, 2007 AT 8:36 AM

• Jack42

Does the air blow out of the top vent? Most defrosters work on the a/c system not heat.

Wednesday, January 24th, 2007 AT 9:36 AM
  • Sheabelle

Sorry, I didn't put that it was the rear defroster in the body of the message. The front one is fine. Any ideas?

Wednesday, January 24th, 2007 AT 9:42 AM
  • Jack42

Need to check for power and graound at the rear defroster motor with the switch on

Thursday, January 25th, 2007 AT 9:28 AM
  • Sheabelle

Thanks, but I don't really understand what that means. I looked in my owner's manual and it really doesn't tell me much about where things are located. How do I check for power and ground? Where do I look for the motor? And by "switch" do you just mean to have hte button pushed in?

Thursday, January 25th, 2007 AT 9:53 AM
  • Jack42

Sorry bout that. The defroster should be a heated wire in the glass. Has the rear window been tinted? They unplug them so the tint doesnt melt. There should be two wires near the bottom of the window, 1 power and 1 ground. You will need a test light or DVOM meter to test either one of them

Thursday, January 25th, 2007 AT 1:03 PM