RIO 62K - REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

2002 Kia

Sheabelle

January, 24, 2007 AT 8:36 AM

The defroster just stopped working completely. The light in the dashboard still goes on when I push in the button, but the window stays cold. Is this an easy fix?

Jack42

January, 24, 2007 AT 9:36 AM

Does the air blow out of the top vent? Most defrosters work on the a/c system not heat.

Sheabelle

January, 24, 2007 AT 9:42 AM

Sorry, I didn't put that it was the rear defroster in the body of the message. The front one is fine. Any ideas?

Jack42

January, 25, 2007 AT 9:28 AM

Need to check for power and graound at the rear defroster motor with the switch on

Sheabelle

January, 25, 2007 AT 9:53 AM

Thanks, but I don't really understand what that means. I looked in my owner's manual and it really doesn't tell me much about where things are located. How do I check for power and ground? Where do I look for the motor? And by " switch" do you just mean to have hte button pushed in?

Jack42

Sorry bout that. The defroster should be a heated wire in the glass. Has the rear window been tinted? They unplug them so the tint doesnt melt. There should be two wires near the bottom of the window, 1 power and 1 ground. You will need a test light or DVOM meter to test either one of them

Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Dynamat Door Installation
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy