FUEL PUMP DOES NOT COME ON WITH THE KEY

1993 Jeep YJ

davezeus

February, 20, 2009 AT 11:05 AM

1993 Jeep YJ 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 109436 miles

Hi, I thought my fuel pump was bad so I pulled tank and checked it seems to be ok, I hooked it up to a batterie to test, pump came on fine, I checked the harnes back at the tank with a test light and with the key on the test light is real Dim. Help Thanks DZ

racefan966

February, 22, 2009 AT 9:41 AM

Ok have you checked the fuel pump relay that is in the power distribution box near the battery?

davezeus

February, 23, 2009 AT 6:40 PM

I had to order one from the dealer, should be here tuesday 2-24-09, I will install and try it and let you know, any other thoughts on the low voltage to the fuel pump? Thanks

racefan966

February, 24, 2009 AT 10:42 AM

Until we know what the fuel pump relay is or isn't doing no not at this point. If you are going to just replace it then we will have to wait till you get the new one. Get back to me as to what happens then ok.

davezeus

February, 24, 2009 AT 11:29 PM

Hi, I got the new relay did not fix, also thought I would check for spark nothing?

racefan966

February, 25, 2009 AT 10:40 AM

Ok so I must ask has the fuel pressure been checked? We need to know weather or not there is fuel pressure so we can do the right tests to replace the right part and fix this Jeep. If you haven't checked the fuel pressure then call around to the parts stores and rental places and see if anyone rents a injection fuel pressure tester. Get back to me so we go to the next step.

davezeus

February, 25, 2009 AT 5:56 PM

I didnt want to throw any more parts at it so I took the Jeep to a shop I used before when it would not run, the guy got it to run said there were loose wire at the fuse panel. I bought this Jeep off Ebay about 2 years and it has ran fine except for this same issue about a year, I think the guy I bought it from mest with it, someone tried to put A/C in. So it looks like I am out about 120 bucks or so. Thanks for the help, how do I get the money to you?

racefan966

February, 26, 2009 AT 10:42 AM

Ok if you want to take it to a shop thats fine. Electrical can be a real mess and overwhelming to deal with too. If the fuse box has problems it might not be a bad idea to get a wiring harness from a salvage or wrecking yard and replace yours. Thanks and let me know how it goes.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe