2007 Jeep Wrangler Starting issues

• 1 POST

2007 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 22000 miles

My 07 jeep wranglar will hesitate only on the 1st start of the day. It turns over normally and the battery is strong but instead of it starting right away it turns over for 3-4 seconds or so before starting. If I cut it right and start it back it, it will start w/o any delay. The remainder of the day it will start right up also w/o delay! Any suggestions, Ive researched it but cannot find anyone with the samae issue on forums. Chris

Sunday, September 19th, 2010 AT 9:57 AM

See My Profile.....Imma CJ Feller

Sounds like you really do not have much of a Terrible issue...........But..............

YOU, Like ME.......Just cannot settle for less than perfection!

Lets try a preliminary fuel test........I really think you have spark at all times (presumption)

Turn it to "ON" for about 5 seconds (This 1st time, key on once, next time twice....and so on) We are letting the Fuel pump, Charge the fuel system. You might even hear it cycle for a second or so.

Then go on and hit START.........Results this 1st COLD Attempt?

Next day try it COLD, with 2--5 second "ONs".......Results?

Next a little more involved testActual Fuel pressure, Measured with a GAUGE, Same test as 1st test...........On 5 secondsREAD GAUGE!---DO NOT START-UP!!!........Results?

You do not have to wait another day..............Key on another 5 seconds..........READ GAUGE.....Results.......DO NOT START-UP!!!

Do it a third and maybe a fourth time.........Results?

Do you have Low pressure at 1st?.......Does it finally LEVEL OUT?

It might be possible that your FUEL PUMP is getting weak, fuel filter (if your rig has one) May be restricted, WHEN HAS IT BEEN CHANGED? Regulator?

You might even incorporate "Priming" your system w/ 2 "KEY ONs" Before you turn him over!

I will give you, other sources to investigate about your problem........and how to check fuel pressure.

Buy you a repair manual, as mentioned in my profile, keep it in your rig for NOW and FUTURE EMERGENCIES. It can tell you Scheduled Maintenance, Troubleshooting, how to repair!

src="http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/411289_WILLY_ALWAYS_KEEPS__A_STRAIGHT_FACE_1.jpg" alt="http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/411289_WILLY_ALWAYS_KEEPS__A_STRAIGHT_FACE_1.jpg" />

I hope I have helped you in some way!

If I have, don't forget to make me look good in "Feedback"

Your Turn

The Medic

Saturday, September 25th, 2010 AT 10:08 PM