2002 Jeep Wrangler MM size of front brake rotors

JOANNEH
  • 2002 JEEP WRANGLER
My husband's jeep needs brake and rotors. We need to know which size mm so when we call for prices we know what size they are. These are on the front. Also can you please tell me where we can purchase these in Buffalo, NY at a reasonable price?
Sunday, August 8th, 2010 AT 3:51 PM

Miss JoAnneH...See My Profile and other CJ 5 and CJ7 answers.

I do not know your rig much at all (You should get a CJ, then I could really help you alot!)

Regardless, down here (the Promised Land) There are about (wild guess) 10 or so auto parts chains.

I have found that NAPA and one other are usually more expensive....But the have about all parts for most older + younger year models, to include agricultural and others....so thats a Plus for me! I have a '46 Willys (shrunk it into my Avatar) and a '77 CJ 5....+ I help alot of family with "Odd" stuff.

As far as the '77 CJ 5 and wifes newer rig and family/ friends newer rigs.....we shop at one of the two:

Autozone and Advance Auto

They are usually neck to neck....with some slight variations.

Generally we stick with Advance Auto....

They are closer

I go there alot.......

Sorta like your mailman....they know me pretty well and will go out of their way to assist me....or call around for a part, I might need ASAP.....sometimes they have been known to charge me as if I was a "Shop", instead of a "Walk-In"

I went ahead and did a little "Research" this is my results

I used ONLY Advance Auto Online for findings

2002 Wrangler comes in 4 flavors (at their site)

SE--4 cylinder

Sahara---6

Sport---6

X---6

Ruled out "SE"Your question said, "6 CYLINDER"

For the other 3 (which I checked 1 at a time)

They show 2 choices (2 hits!) FOR ROTORS (1 ea.)--says "they" will fit each one of the Wranglers, I plugged in

Both are the same part numbers (from each MFGer, respectively)----for the 3 Wranglers

SO.....I ASSUME ALL THREE HAVE THE SAME TYPE BRAKE SYSTEM

1ST IS "WAGNER" FOR JUST UNDER $85

2ND IS "WEAREVER" 78MM ((FRONT) FOR JUST UNDER $35......the only mention of "MM"

I read the "Reviews" both were POSITIVE

As for me...Unless I were having WARPAGE issues---I would do the lesser expensive!

I also found that up there in "Yankee-Land" you have 10 Advance Auto Stores within 11 miles of Buffalo....

I will let you compare prices with others, these were online prices, I gathered for you.....I hope the "78MM" was helpful

If Ya'll have a Cheaper Chain let me know

I must now finish cleaning up....Traitor Step-son and wife (yankee-girl) along with Gran-younin (still has potential) expected in 3 hours......visiting from "Watertown, NY"...Go Figure?

Remember, I get no pay here (hobby) Thought maybe I could assist you....You can donate for the harassment if you like!....Do the "Feedback Thing" if you wish.

If you need further assistance or want to see some "REAL JEEP" pics----come back to this post anytime...I will be alerted of activity here...I will try to help all I can!

Let me know ANYTHING!....I get few replies, fellow JEEP People!

The Medic

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/411289_Picture_008_1.jpg

Sunday, August 8th, 2010 AT 10:21 PM