1990 Jeep Wrangler front wheel disc brake shoe lock-up

WALTER CAPRICE
  • 1990 JEEP WRANGLER
Very occasionally one or the other front wheel disc brakes lock. After a period of time they unlock. I have no similar problem with the rear brakes. Would you recommend that I have the master cylinder replaced? As you will note the vehichle is very low mileage. I purchased it brand new. It still has a new-car smell. Inspection station officers jokingly recommend that I return it to my garage before it starts to rain. Thank you.
Sunday, June 7th, 2009 AT 3:08 PM

MECHCURT
I would strongly urge you to flush the brake system. The vehicle has not been driven much and brake fluid has a bad way of pulling moisture into itself. It also sounds like you have a problem with your front brake lines. After time they begin to deteriate on the inside and they trap pressure one way causing the caliper to not release. Pull the calipers and make sure they are clean on the sliding areas and the pistons press in firmly but easily. But I bet its your brake lines. Hope this helps. Let us know Curt
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 11:49 AM

Sponsored links