1987 JEEP WAGONEER FUSE BLOCK

• bcmartin
  • 1987 Jeep Wagoneer

1987 Jeep Wagoneer V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 140, 00 miles

On the fuse block of my Wagoneer, there is a large blue box 2.5 inches wide by 2.5 inches long with 7 terminals that plugs into the bottom slots. It has a computer chip and circuit board inside of it. Three of the terminals are rusted away and it needs to be replaced. My local parts store doesn't have it and doesn't know what it is. And it's not identified in my repair manual. What is it? What does it do? And how important is it to the function of the car? I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me.

Thank You

Saturday, December 22nd, 2007 AT 4:48 PM

• 1988FSJonas

Response to bcmartin

I believe the blue box is the chime unit. Lets you know if you left your lights on, or seatbelt off. At least that's what I think it is, mine is currently disconnected, everything runs fine but the chime. Dies it have a series of holes that would let sound out?

1988FSJonas

Sunday, December 23rd, 2007 AT 12:04 PM
  • bcmartin

Yes, it does have holes in it. If it's just a chime I can live without it. It's absence doesn't seem to affect any of the functions of the car. Thanks.

Wednesday, December 26th, 2007 AT 3:30 PM