1978 JEEP WAGONEER POWER REAR WINDOW.

• mookiex4
  • 1978 Jeep Wagoneer

1978 Jeep Wagoneer V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic ALOT miles

When my Dad had the Jeep the window was working fine. Now I cannot get it to do anything. The ONLY power I can find that is hot inside the tailgate is the Red wire with the white stripe.

Frankly I do not care about the rear window defogger or if it ever works again. How can I figure out if one if the solenoid switches went bad, (There appears to be 2). If the motor is bad or if I can bypass the wiring and hook it up so that I can use a new switch up front. The key switch does not operate the window either.

Is there a kit to convert it from Power to Manual? I would prefer that anyway. My cousins who bought the Jeep when it new said that there always seemed to be a short that nobody could find and abandoning it seems o be a good fix for an old vehicle like this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sunday, April 5th, 2009 AT 4:14 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

I would start at the switch. Check to see if it is getting power. If it is, does it send power out?

Friday, August 28th, 2009 AT 11:00 PM