CARRIER BEARING OR PINION BEARING PROBLEM

2005 Jeep Liberty

jendesantis

September, 16, 2010 AT 7:50 AM

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2005 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 59000 miles

I had an independent mechanic drive my car due to a humming noise coming from the rear of car. He said it sounds like either carrier or pinion bearing and to take it to the Jeep dealership. Car is there now. I asked service manager if it were one of the 2 things above, would it be covered under 70,000 Power Train warranty and he said no. I pulled warranty paperwork and it says: transfer case and all internal parts, transfer case control module and shift mode motor assembly, axle housing and all internal parts, axle shafts, axle shaft bearings; drive shaft assemblies (front & rear), drive shaft center bearings, universal joints & yokes, disconnect housing assembly, seals and gaskets for listed components only.I am not a car person. Do any of the above parts fall under a Carrier or Pinion bearing? I don't trust dealership service and want to be sure I am not being ripped off! Thanks!

BMRFIXIT

September, 16, 2010 AT 6:48 PM

You can wait for them to get back at you with the problem and then you can call the warranty people and ask them
as bearings it should be covered under the warranty

jendesantis

September, 17, 2010 AT 12:16 PM

I received a call from the dealer. Turns out it is the bearings and they are replacing all bearings and it is covered under the Power Train warranty! Just have to pay the $100 deductible : -)

BMRFIXIT

September, 17, 2010 AT 5:21 PM

Very good

This is more like it

Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Differential Fluid Service - Front
Differential Fluid Service Chevrolet 2500HD
Differential Fluid Drain/Refill
Differential Fluid Level Check
Axle Seal Replacement