• 2002 Jeep Liberty

Brakes problem
2002 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

LONG STORY. Back in october I had my brakes done. When it rians the front wheels lock and make this metal on metal noise. I brought it back to the person who did the brakes - they couldnt find anything wrong. I brought it to the dealer and they couldnt find anything wrong. After a couple of dry months the rain started and the locking and noise was back- I went back to the dealer - it locked for them but they couldnt find anything wrong with it STILL. So I had them replace the brakes (about a month ago)- well it rained today and its worse - locking, tires sliding and the noise is loud. I am pertrified to drive the car in the rain. I am at my witsss end - please help - any ideas to what is causing it? Has anyone else had this issue?

Wednesday, June 4th, 2008 AT 10:12 PM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

The first thing I would do is find a workshop with a brake system pressure gauge and have the pressure bias tested, you may have a problem with to much front brake pressure.

Thursday, June 5th, 2008 AT 4:53 AM