FUEL INJECTOR CONNECTOR

2002 Jeep Liberty

weisscc

June, 1, 2008 AT 1:38 PM

2002 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

I was looking at converting my Jeep to run on E85 fuel and in order to know what kit to buy I had to test the polarity of my fuel injection system. To do this I removed the connector from my #1 cylinder, then started the engine and used a volt meter to measure which terminal was the 12V and which was the pulse. After completing the test I replaced the connector and started the engine and my check engine light was on and the engine was shaking. Pretty clear my #1 cylinder was dead. When I had a computer diagnosis at the auto parts store the code indicated I had an open circuit on my #1 cylinder. I figure I had bent something when doing my testing so I replaced the connector and checked the wiring for any missing insulation that could cause a short. Everything looked good but even with the new connector it hasn't fixed the problem. I then did a continuity check and I found that both the 12V wire and the pulse wire have continuity to the body ground. It is possible that the computer may be keeping the 12V wire grounded? I can't find any kind of short in the wiring so it seems like the short has to be deeper down. Thanks.

Jack42

June, 2, 2008 AT 8:00 AM

You may have hurt the PCM when you did the testing, sounds like it has dropped the injector driver for that cyl. You can try having Jeep " flash" the PCM that might bring it back

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250