CLUNKING NOISE

2005 Jeep Laredo

whitejeep

July, 19, 2010 AT 5:10 PM

Noises problem
2005 Jeep Laredo 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 74000 miles

Hi there,
I just started hearing a clunking/banging like noise that sounds like it is coming from the back right hand side of the Jeep when driving. I can't predict when it will start and end. It just started two weeks ago. Also, along with the clunking/banging noise it also sounds like there is a bouncing ball in the pipes that is settling.

Just in case if it is important to know, I had my back tires replaced, rotated, and wheel alignment done about 4 months ago.

Could you please tell me what it could be or what I should look for. I'm a female and a student and I don't want to get ripped off by any mechanics.

Thank you,
Jina

whitejeep

July, 19, 2010 AT 5:14 PM

It isn't really a clunking noise exactly. More like someone is banging a hammer on something on the side.

mhpautos

July, 19, 2010 AT 5:22 PM

HI there,

Thank you for the donation,

I would as a priority go get the differential checked for a problem, if this noise increases when turning I would be concerned for the diff, get this done ASAP.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz