SHUTTING OFF

2002 Jeep Laredo

candicefk

August, 9, 2010 AT 2:45 AM

2002 Jeep Laredo V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 207000 miles

Jeep shuts off when RPMs drop below 1000 at red lights/stop signs, unless I put it in neutral when coming to a stop. If I shift into neutral it will not die. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS NOT ON.

Jacobandnickolas

August, 26, 2010 AT 8:01 AM

Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

candicefk

August, 26, 2010 AT 1:36 PM

Apparently no vacuum leaks, IAC has been cleaned, throttle position sensor and crankshaft sensor have been replaces along with a relay, and when hooked up to a diagnostic machine, computer throws no codes.

It seems to only do it now when it is midday and very hot outside, or if driven for a longer amount of time, like after 20 or so minutes. It is wierd, but it seems to run much better at night time.

Also, now when it does start acting up, I can have my foot off the gas and brake and the car will jump from 500RPM to 1500RPM quickly and actually jump forward. This doesn't happen everytime though. One other thing is every now and then the gas gauge will bottom out for a few minutes then go back to where it originally was.

Jacobandnickolas

August, 26, 2010 AT 9:43 PM

That is strange. But at night, everything is cooler. If there are no codes, then I would lean toward a vacuum leak or fuel issue. However, the RPM issue sounds like the IAC or TPS.