• rsdtgt
  • 2000 Jeep Laredo

2000 Jeep Laredo V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 121000 miles

Driver & Passenger seats both move forward and back but not up-down-forward-backward tilt or any other movement. When using switch there are sounds from each. Sounds like notch or gear slippage. Maybe if I could see mechanisim I could tell. If so do I have top remove the seat and how?
Maybe better to go to dealer. Any idea of a reasonable repair cost? Thanks, Ron
Sorry I'm on a limited income.

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 AT 5:28 PM

• 2CarPros Linsey

Hi rsdgt, if you can hear a noise when you push the switch then you can rule out the switch being bad. I would say that it is probally going be a case where the seat will have to be removed and inspected. As for repair cost for this I would expect to pay about 1 hour labor for the diagnosis and depending on what the cause of the problem is expect to pay between 1-2 hours labor for the repair plus parts. Its only 4 nuts and a couple of plugs to remove the seat and you might be able to see the problem and fix it your self. Good luck!

Monday, September 13th, 2010 AT 2:30 PM