ENGINE DIES SUDDENLY

1989 Jeep Comanche

michael nohara

November, 4, 2010 AT 9:59 PM

1989 Jeep Comanche 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 147000 miles

ENGINE STARTS AND RUNS NOMAL. WHILE DRIVING ABOUT 20 MINUTES ON THE FREEWAY, TOOK OFF RAMP AND THEN ENGINE DIED. RESTARTED ENGINE AND THERE WAS NO PROBLEM. SECOND TIME IT HAPPEND IN ONE MONTH.I REPLACED PLUGS, WIRES, DIST. CAP, ROTOR, COIL, COIL HOUSING, FUEL FILTER

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Alan Calder

December, 9, 2010 AT 6:56 PM

I have almost exactly the same problem. My '89 Comanche (247K miles) occasionally just dies and won't start for a few min. Then suddenly all is well. I can tell you that my problem was not the fuel pump,
the most expensive of the things I have replaced in trying to fix this problem. If you figure it out, please post the solution!

mauriciogts

December, 9, 2010 AT 9:57 PM

Well, I have the same problem. My '87 comanche with 195k miles starts and I drive about 10 miles or about 5 minutes and when I stop in a intersection, the engine stops; sometimes I can start again the engine if I put the acelerator to the end for about 30 seconds, or just waiting about 3-5 minutes, the engine has his services ok, and runs good but the problem still there.