CHECK ENGINE LIGHT UNAVAILABLE

1987 Jeep Comanche

tfriday

May, 31, 2010 AT 12:36 PM

1987 Jeep Comanche 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to check my fault codes without the check engine light and without a scanner? Maybe with a test light or ohm meter on some certain pin on the diag. Connector? I have driveability issues but it looks like someone pulled the bulb from the check engine light and on closer inspection the wiring to the bulb is also missing.

internetmechanic

May, 31, 2010 AT 1:34 PM

I don't know another way to check for codes. My advice is to fix the check engine lite and circuits. You might borrow a scanner that will show live engine data. Some makes and models, I've seen it where the cel wouldn't work for whatever reason,but, using the scanner, I could look at live engine data. I don't remember about the codes. If your having driveability issues, you could check the symptoms? The wiring info below is for the check engine lite. It does show a lite driver module.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/512072_jeep_check_engine_lite_1.jpg