RADIATOR FLUSH

1999 Jeep Cherokee

Maurice0081

November, 4, 2009 AT 5:25 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Jeep Cherokee 6 cyl Automatic

My 99 jeep cherokee over heated yesterday, so I got a new thermostat and gasket and had it put on. Just to make it home, I had to add water to keep it from overheating since I had no antifreeze on hand. Now, I have the antifreeze and I need to drain the water and add the antifreeze. But there is one problem, I can't seem to find the radiator drain plug. I have the vehicle maintenance book but it is not helping at all. I am a rookie when it comes to car maintenance so hopefully you guys can tell me where everything is located and what tools will I need and what to do. Please if you can break it down in lamens terms as to what to do. Thanks

Cooling Fan Problem

Radiator On

1 ANSWER

Jacobandnickolas

November, 5, 2009 AT 10:52 AM

If you look at the bottom of the radiator (I think the driver's side) you will see what looks like a wing nut. Loosten it and the radiator will drain from there. You want the coolant to be a 50 / 50 mixture of coolant and water.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer