BACK PASSENGERS SIDE BRAKE SMOKING

1999 Jeep Cherokee

rmellis20

March, 25, 2008 AT 3:45 PM

Brakes problem
1999 Jeep Cherokee 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 113000 miles

We have a mystery here! Not the first time it has happened but my husbands Jeep back passenger tire keeps smoking and is red hot. It has been in the shop and they are working hard but do not have any idea what is wrong. They have replaced both rear callibers, pads and flushed out the brake lines and when you drive it this one tire is 90 degrees hotter then the other 3. Last night my husband was driving it and it started smoking again so he pulled over and it was red hot (actually glowing). Brakes do not appear to be dragging because it is not slowing down or dragging when you let off the brake. Emergency brake has been checked as well. Any help or ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rachel

blackop555

March, 25, 2008 AT 7:30 PM

Next time it does it jack that end up and try turning the tire, if it doesn't budge the brakes are dragging
post back what you find.

rmellis20

March, 28, 2008 AT 3:26 PM

The tire moves freely! It is not sticking! They are telling us it may be the valves $900 but they are not sure that will fix it! Any other suggestions? Thanks, Rachel

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front