See my profile, Imma CJ Guy,
I would think that if your rig was running normal temperature, the water pump would be serviceable and be GOOD!
1) Are there any shut-off valves on your heater hoses?
2) Is it possible that maybe a heater hose is sucking flat or is crimped. Restricting flow?
3) How hot are the hoses going IN & OUT of your heater core?
4) Are the vacuum operated doors in your heater working? (In other words, does A/C, defrost, etc, blow thru the right vents)
5) On a CJ, water returning to the pump (via heater hose)Is the so called "Water you just stole the heat out of" (return)
6) The Really Hot Water, gets pumped out of the thermostat housing, and makes its way to the heater core. After "Used" it returns once again to the pump.
Since I know little about your system, Tell me step by step, where the heater hoses go. For instance:
Leaves thermostat housing goes to intake via Galvanized hose fitting, leaves intake via Galvanized hose fitting. Then goes into a vacuum operated switch via Brass hose fittings. To core. To pump ETC ETC.
Give me anything you can think of, detail is good!
I may be able to give you a few tests, to iscolate maybe where you problem lies. Dependent on your answers.
Your Turn (reply to question)
Wednesday, October 6th, 2010 AT 9:24 PM