1996 Jeep Cherokee Not Starting

KJEFFREY
  • 1996 JEEP CHEROKEE
I just had the neutral safety switch replace by a mechanic last week. (Also a new battery was installed) The jeep has been working great until Saturday. I turned over the ignition and the lights came on but the car would not start (Would not turn over at all). Had to have it towed to a dealership. Went back later to get something out of the car and it started what do you think is going on? Would like any help. Thanks.
Monday, December 21st, 2009 AT 9:09 AM

RACEFAN966
Well it could be a few things it could be the starter relay it could be the starter it could also be the ignition switch or? Now I can help you walk through some tests but you will need a digital multi meter and I will need know what kind of Jeep you have is it just a standard cherokee or grand cherokee and is it a sport, laredo or? Get back to me and I will give you some tests to run the next time it won't start ok.
Monday, December 21st, 2009 AT 1:14 PM