RATTLE SOUND WHEN TRANSMISSION SHIFTS

1997 Jaguar XK8

bluejag

October, 9, 2010 AT 12:29 PM

1997 Jaguar XK8 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 40000 miles

Had engine replaced with all the updates about 4 years ago 40000 miles. At 80,000(same time) the trans fluid was also replaced and tranny was check out. Notice some spots on driveway probably from transmission. Can not check the level. The rattleing could even be from engine but it happens when trans shifts. Sounds like the engine is out of time. Jag dealer said there were no engine codes. Does the codes also include the tranny? I now have an engine lite on since yesterday. I put some sea foam gas cleaner and the engine now idles smooth but lite is still on?
Also the heater no longer blows heat just cooling?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 11, 2010 AT 1:02 PM

It could be several things. However, now that the check engine light is on, there will be a code stored in the computer. It needs to be scanned to identify where the problem is coming from. Can you take it back to the dealer to see if they can read the code? If you can, have it scanned and let me know what they tell you.

Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250