I've just started a 2500 mile drive and after the first 250, the check engine light came on. It was at 4,000 ft elevation, not overly hot, all guages fine (oil and temp). I'm concerned about driving another 450 miles (Oklahoma City is the next city with a jag dealership). Is it safe to continue or should I wait out the weekend and have the dealership in Albuquerque check it out. The last 200 miles, I stopped often, kept the a/c off and the engine light would not go out (kept the car around 2200 rpm). I have no sense of smell so can't tell if the exhaust is bad or not.
have the same problem?
Saturday, June 28th, 2008 AT 10:29 PM