REAR POWER WINDOWS INOPERATIVE

1991 Jaguar XJS

csfivestar

1991 Jaguar XJS Engine Size unknown Two Wheel Drive Automatic 20000 miles

The front power windows were working intermitantly, which was caused by faulty window switches. I replaced them and the front is fine. The rear windows which are activated when the convertable top is opened or raised. They are both stuck in the open position. The top works well but does not close the windows. There is supposed to be an 8 second delay so it is necessary to hold the switch for several seconds, which I have done.
I checked the fuses but don't know where to go from here. It is impossible to get to the motors to check for power.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris

fstranger302

[quote=" csfivestar" ]Electrical problem

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris

hello, try lowering the top all the way and then raise it up the windows should go up when the top is just about all the way up. If they do not. You either got a relay problem which the relays are inside trunk behind the front seats. Right side. Under a cover or bad motors. Let me know how it goes after you try this. Pat

Replace Your Rear Window Like a Pro
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX