REAR BULB FAIL WARNING - JAGUAR XJ8 1998

• mrrioloco
  • 1998 Jaguar XJ8

Receiving a " Rear Bulb Fail" warning when I depress the brake pedal. I replaced the right rear brake bulb as it was not lighting, however it still will not light and I still get the warning. This is for a 1998 Jaguar XJ8 that I am looking to get in shape for sale as I cannot afford it any longer. I believe this has a 4.0 L V8. It is an automatic transmission and has about 75, xxx miles. I wonder if it is a fuse issue or maybe a controller unit. Any suggestions? I really appreciate the help. : D Hope all of the donations keep you guys going!

Monday, August 20th, 2007 AT 12:37 PM

• Jack42

Does that car have seperate sockets for the bulbs or is it a plate that they all plug into? Might have a bad connection in the socket where the bulb plugs into. Make sure the contacts are clean and making a good connection with the bulb

Monday, August 20th, 2007 AT 3:50 PM
  • mrrioloco

It has a plastic plate that 4 bulbs go onto. It has a wired harness that controls the entire board. I will clean the contacts and make sure the prongs are out and not cracked. Is there anything else I should be aware of, or good techniques for cleaning?

Tuesday, August 21st, 2007 AT 11:39 AM
  • Jack42

Small piece of sandpaper or an emery board works good. The problem might be in the board, seen them fail internally before

Tuesday, August 21st, 2007 AT 12:03 PM