REAR BULB FAIL WARNING -

1998 Jaguar XJ8

mrrioloco

August, 20, 2007 AT 12:37 PM

Receiving a " Rear Bulb Fail" warning when I depress the brake pedal. I replaced the right rear brake bulb as it was not lighting, however it still will not light and I still get the warning. This is for a 1998 Jaguar XJ8 that I am looking to get in shape for sale as I cannot afford it any longer. I believe this has a 4.0 L V8. It is an automatic transmission and has about 75, xxx miles. I wonder if it is a fuse issue or maybe a controller unit. Any suggestions? I really appreciate the help. : D Hope all of the donations keep you guys going!

Jack42

August, 20, 2007 AT 3:50 PM

Does that car have seperate sockets for the bulbs or is it a plate that they all plug into? Might have a bad connection in the socket where the bulb plugs into. Make sure the contacts are clean and making a good connection with the bulb

mrrioloco

August, 21, 2007 AT 11:39 AM

It has a plastic plate that 4 bulbs go onto. It has a wired harness that controls the entire board. I will clean the contacts and make sure the prongs are out and not cracked. Is there anything else I should be aware of, or good techniques for cleaning?

Jack42

August, 21, 2007 AT 12:03 PM

Small piece of sandpaper or an emery board works good. The problem might be in the board, seen them fail internally before

Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet