ELECTRICAL PROBLEM1994 JAGUAR XJ6 6 CYL TWO ...

1994 Jaguar XJ6

shortnshady1221

March, 19, 2010 AT 9:34 PM

1994 Jaguar XJ6 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 141000 miles

I took my jaguar xj6 to have rims put on and the guys left the key turned for 4 hours and it drained the battery. We put a new battery in and it still won't start. There are no dummy lights and the head lights and tail lights don't come on either. The car doesn't even try to turn over. When you turn the key the radio still comes on. I don't know what to do and I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars at the jaguar dealer.

Dave H

March, 20, 2010 AT 6:00 AM

Hello .. thanks for the donation .. much appreciated

Start by checking you have all wiring reconnected to the battery .. including all ground wires .. also check for blown fuses including main fuses

Hope this helps

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1082.png

shortnshady1221

March, 20, 2010 AT 9:27 AM

There was a plug in the trunk by the battery. It was unplugged but I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. I also keep hearing about some codes you have to put in your radio to start the car. We checked all the fuses and they are good and the battery is connected.

shortnshady1221

March, 20, 2010 AT 9:31 AM

Would the battery going dead blow a relay and if so which one should I change first? Someone said that the security system could keep me from being able to start the car. Is this true? Sorry for all the questions but ive never owned a jaguar.

shortnshady1221

March, 20, 2010 AT 7:03 PM

We figured it out. It was the inertia switch had tripped.

Dave H

March, 21, 2010 AT 5:59 AM

Thanks for the update .. please use our forum again in the future

Happy motoring

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1083.png

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX