VACUUM TROUBLE

1986 Jaguar XJ6

comarpe

September, 23, 2010 AT 11:16 PM

1986 Jaguar XJ6 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 69000 miles

Hi, and thank you very much, this page is awesome. I hope you can help me. My car is having problems, when you start the car, sometimes when it reaches normal temperature it stalls until goes off. What can it be?
2- I need the vacuum diagram and can ´t find it. Can you please help me

October, 6, 2010 AT 1:30 PM

Hi comarpe, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Sorry for the delay

Next time it stalls don't wait for nothing do below immediately to determine what's causing it-fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_jag_1.jpg

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test