2004 Jaguar X-Type Shocks & Rear Lower Control Arm Bush

• 1 POST
  • 2004 JAGUAR X-TYPE

Suspension problem
2004 Jaguar X-Type 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 101000 miles

Hi, I took my car into the dealer for service and they told me I need new rear shocks, lower control arm bushings and an alignment. They said I can't get an alignment without first replacing my rear lower control arm bushings which are beginning to sag. I also need new rear shocks. They quoted me about $550.00 for the rear control arm bushings. Is this high? Do I really need to do this before I get an alignment? Also, my car doesn't really bounce around too much - do I really need shocks? Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 AT 9:48 PM

Hi there,

It is about a 4 hr job to replace the bushes the bushes will be around $25.00 each so there price is not that out off order, if the suspension bushes are faulty you will not get an accurate alignment and premature tyre wear will result, as for the shockers, this is not possible to say with out seeing them first hand, if you suspect that they are ok, go get a second opinion first.

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 5:01 AM