A/C HOSE

2002 Jaguar X-Type

rmagda067

July, 18, 2010 AT 4:25 PM

Air Conditioning problem
2002 Jaguar X-Type 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 95,000 miles

I previously donated and asked a two part question regarding my A/C and had one question answered. I wanted to know if the universal hose that I bought has an adapter for a Jaguar because it does not fit. A mechanic friend said that the hose does not match. Is there a specific hose for Jaguar's or can I purchase an adapter? Where can I get it?

Dave H

July, 18, 2010 AT 4:30 PM

We need to know which hose you are trying to replace? And which fitting does not fit?

rmagda067

July, 18, 2010 AT 4:46 PM

I need to add refrigerant to the compressor and the hose that I bought, I was told by a family known mechanic, does not fit. Is this correct?

Dave H

July, 19, 2010 AT 4:02 AM

Jaguar use the the standard recharge schrader valves on vehicle's. So a standard R134a recharge station or hose should fit your jaguar?. Unless someone has replaced the valve hose with the wrong type or the universal hose you bought is not for R134a type refrigerant?

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue