2000 JAGUAR VANDEN PLAS TRANSMISSION (1ST GEAR) PROBLEMS

• mariolittle
  • 2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas

2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Hi, here is what's happening. When I put the car in drive it does not move as I give it gas it feels as if it's still in park, then I feel a boom as if someone has hit the car from the rear. At that point the car slowly moves forward but I have to give my more gas than normally for it to go. Once I'm out of first gear, it runs (switches gears), just fine. I only feel the boom effect when taking the car from park to drive. If I stop at a light or for any other reason, I have to give it a lot of gas to get it moving again until I get out of first gear. When going from park to drive the car doesn't seem to go into gear until I feel the boom (as if I've been hit from the rear), effect. It's always take a lot of gas to get it to go but once I'm out of first gear, it runs great.

Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 9:58 AM

• Dave H

The transmission solonoid valves are sticking inside the transmission. The transmission needs a rebuild i'm afraid

Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 AT 7:04 PM