TRANSMISSION (1ST GEAR) PROBLEMS

2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas

mariolittle

February, 19, 2010 AT 9:58 AM

2000 Jaguar Vanden Plas V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Hi, here is what's happening. When I put the car in drive it does not move as I give it gas it feels as if it's still in park, then I feel a boom as if someone has hit the car from the rear. At that point the car slowly moves forward but I have to give my more gas than normally for it to go. Once I'm out of first gear, it runs (switches gears), just fine. I only feel the boom effect when taking the car from park to drive. If I stop at a light or for any other reason, I have to give it a lot of gas to get it moving again until I get out of first gear. When going from park to drive the car doesn't seem to go into gear until I feel the boom (as if I've been hit from the rear), effect. It's always take a lot of gas to get it to go but once I'm out of first gear, it runs great.

Dave H

February, 24, 2010 AT 7:04 PM

The transmission solonoid valves are sticking inside the transmission. The transmission needs a rebuild i'm afraid

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz