ELECTRONIC TRUNK LOCKS

2002 Jaguar S-Type

diamonddave2

February, 11, 2009 AT 6:37 PM

2002 Jaguar S-Type

I have a problem with a 2002 S-series Jaguar. The buttons that open the trunk have stopped working (one on the dash, one on the trunck itself), however the remote still opens it. Opening it with the remote is the only way to open it now. Is this something that can be reset, such as a child safety feature, or an actual electronic problem?

Jack42

February, 13, 2009 AT 7:59 AM

In true Jag fashion there are 2 modules controlling that circuit. Before you take it in check fuses 1, 4 in the fuse block in the trunk, and fuse 7 in the interior fuse block

diamonddave2

February, 13, 2009 AT 9:55 AM

Thank you for your reply. I will check the fuses. I am an electronic technician, but in the semi-conductor field, not Jag mechanics. But if the fuses are good, is there anything else I can check, such as relays etc? Going by your answer, apparently there's nothing that can be reset? I thought it was strange that the remote still opens it.
Thanks again.

Jack42

February, 13, 2009 AT 3:33 PM

Looks like one controller is for the remote and one for the interior switchs. Jag electronics are in aclass of their own. Lucas. Thats the old joke. Why do the English drink warm beer? Because Lucas makes their refrigerators. Lol

Artmde

February, 15, 2009 AT 9:48 PM

Sounds kind of funny but make sure that nobody accidently push in the valet truck lock button that is located inside the glove box. If you dont know where it is then open the glove box and look in the upper far left side, there is a button that will disable the truck from being opened from the button inside the vehicle. It will only allow it to be opened by the remote. Hope this solves your problem.

Art

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche