2000 Jaguar S-Type 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 29,000 miles
Yesterday, I started my car with a quick charge, battery charger. After the car started I noticed the fail safe warning lamp had turned on. I have driven the car with no noticable change in performance. It drives as it always did. I am wondering if the fifty amp quick charge sent an errant message to the onboard computer and if so, will disconnecting the battery reset the lamp.
Hello .. thanks for the donation .. much appreciated
It is possible the PCM/ECU has picked up on an overcharge/overload to the electrical system and turned on the CEL .. disconnecting the battery will not help .. you need to have the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer to check the codes and erase the light