VEHICLE LIFE EXPECTANCY?

1999 Jaguar

f-f-e

August, 20, 2008 AT 5:39 AM

1999 Other Jaguar Models V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 64000 miles

I have a used 1999 Jaguar XK8 Convertible that has been well taken care of inside and out. She just turned 64K old and I recently had a 60K service done on her. She needed the water pump and thermostat replaced along with some other typical maintenance as well. Also, while she was being serviced I had the timing chain tensioners replaced with the 3rd generation metal ones. The original ones had stress cracks forming in them. While the mechanic was performing this task he noted that the motor looked like new inside. Very clean etc. In your experience how long will the 4.0 Liter Jaguar motor last if it's being well maintained?

Service Writer

August, 20, 2008 AT 5:54 AM

Although we don't see but a few Jags in my neck of the woods, I will say that after a little reseach I understand the the plastic impellers tend to fail on the water pump and they have timing chain issues. Both of which you have just gone through.

IF you had overheated this engine, there is cause for concern the cylinders are nikasil sprayed and don't do well with overheating. The hose that runs
under the intake manifold can split open when it overheats. IF so, anticipate a possible reman engine or used one.

IT would be worthwhile to have the ecm's software re-flashed to the most current version.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500