Transmission fluid

NEWCAR
  • 1999 ISUZU TROOPER
Where do you fill the transmissoin fluid at?
Saturday, April 18th, 2009 AT 8:46 PM

JOE IN DALLAS
This is going to be a messy one.
I have attached the instructions/diagrams below for adding/changing your transmission fluid. Read through them before you start
-1
Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 AT 12:34 AM
FERRIZLE
  • 1999 ISUZU TROOPER
  • 149 MILES
I am trying to figure out how to flush my transmission fluid on my '99 Trooper. First of all I can not find a single manual on the trooper and second the transmission fluid plugs are no where to be found. I have spent countless time going to different auto parts stores and web sites in order to try and find it with no luck. I have even tried to take it in a pay for it to get done but no one will touch an Isuzu that is over ten years old. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help
Tuesday, October 9th, 2018 AT 5:03 PM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371
We do them with no issue as long as you are not trying to fix a failing transmission. You hook inot a cooler line and run 16 quarts of fluid through the system.
The fill plugs are on the bottom pan and it is a process as to adding fluid. It is best done on a lift by someone familiar with this procedure.

FERRIZLE
You would not happen to have/know where to get drawings on where these plugs are would you? Because I do not see them when we lifted it up a few weeks ago to change out a bad starter. Thanks.
ASEMASTER6371
No view that I can see. The drain plug in the bottom of the pan and there is one above it. You inject the fluid into the lower one and it is filled when it comes out the top.

KHLOW2008
Here you are.

If they are not there, then you would have a different transmission which requires the oil pan to be loosened to drain the oil.

1. Remove all oil pan bolts except 3 bolts on rear of oil pan. Loosen remaining 3 bolts to allow pan to tip downward so fluid will drain. Once fluid is drained, remove remaining oil pan bolts, oil pan and gasket. If changing oil strainer, remove bolts and oil strainer.

2. Clean transmission oil pan. Install oil strainer. Tighten bolts to specification. Install gasket and oil pan. Tighten oil pan
bolts to specification. Add ATF through dipstick tube. Check fluid level.
NATURLBORNSINGER
  • 1999 ISUZU TROOPER
How to change transmission fluid in 1999 isuzu trooper
To service the transmission, you need to remove the trans pan. Do it slowly so you don't have fluid going everywhere. Once it is removed, replace the filter on the valve body and clean the trans pan and trans to remove all old gasket material. Reverse order and refill trans.
FIREFIGHTER_661
  • 1997 ISUZU TROOPER
How much trnasmission fluid do I need if I just drop the pan and change the tranny filter? This is a 16 bolt pan. Vehicle is 4wd as well.
There is no information form manufacturer for that, try 4 qts, it only holds 9 so it may need another at most