1995 Isuzu Trooper Master Cylinder

TROOPER13
  • 1995 ISUZU TROOPER
Brakes problem
1995 Isuzu Trooper 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I replaced the master cylinder in my trooper and bled all 4 wheels. When the trooper is off the breaks are great, and when its on the breaks go to the floor. What gives?
Saturday, July 4th, 2009 AT 6:42 PM

If there's no actual leak within the brake system-double check the brake master cylinder could be defective regardless if its new-
Saturday, July 4th, 2009 AT 6:50 PM
TROOPER13
How would you check it?
Saturday, July 4th, 2009 AT 6:54 PM
Remove the brake lines from the master cylinder and plug it-then apply pressure-if it sinks in half way-you've found your problem
+1
Saturday, July 4th, 2009 AT 11:31 PM
TROOPER13
I was unable to get something to block the brake line holes. I have taken the master cylinder off. After looking at an online diagram at myisuzuparts. Com of the master cylinder, I noticed that 2 parts are missing. What the diagram calls a retainer frt shell m/vac, and the seal m/vac. Do these parts typically come with the master cylinder?
Sunday, July 5th, 2009 AT 8:17 PM
TROOPER13
I have gotten a new master cylinder and the brakes felt better. Then I turn on the car and the brakes still go to the floor. Is there a specific sequence in bleeding the brakes, Am I missing something else?
Monday, July 6th, 2009 AT 5:14 PM
Check the calipers/wheel cylinders if they're leaking if not bleed the brakes from RR/LR/RF/LF
Monday, July 6th, 2009 AT 5:19 PM
TROOPER13
That is the same way I bled the brakes. I got lots of fluid and little to no air. While the car was off the brakes felt firm, then I was going to take it for a test drive and turned the car on. The brakes went to the floor and the rear abs and parking brake light came on. After checking the lines again I got discouraged and went to search for other things online about the brakes. I went back out and started the car. The lights are off, the brakes still go to the floor, and there is a loud clicking coming from the shifter when I apply the brakes. Thoughts?
Monday, July 6th, 2009 AT 5:54 PM
Check the ABS unit
Monday, July 6th, 2009 AT 5:56 PM