2003 Isuzu Rodeo Question Caliper

JGIL22
  • 2003 ISUZU RODEO
Brakes problem
2003 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

i have tried everythign I can think of to compress the caliper on the passenger side. Any suggestions
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009 AT 6:48 PM

Have you opened the bleeder on the caliper and used a C-clamp with the old brake pad over the piston? Is this a front brake? If this is a rear brake, the piston will turn in. See if this helps:

4. If equipped with caliper-activated parking brakes; use tool J-37617 or equivalent to rotate the piston clockwise until it retracts into the bore. Align the notches of the piston face so the centerline of the notches is perpendicular to the centerline of the mounting bosses.

Let me know what we are dealing with front or rear and what you have tried.

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009 AT 10:24 PM
JGIL22
Its the front brakes im working on, I used a c clamp on the driver side and everything went smooth, but the passenger side just doesnt want to compress, im thinkin it may be seized because tat side was in terrible shape
Wednesday, November 4th, 2009 AT 4:51 AM
I want you to try something before replacing the caliper. Loosten or disconnect the rubber brake line from the caliper to see if it will depress then. If it does, replace the hose. If it still doesn't, chances are the piston is frozen.

Let me know what you find.

Wednesday, November 4th, 2009 AT 7:48 AM
JGIL22
Ya I tried that and it still didnt work. It drained alot of brake fluid and still wouldnt budge.
Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 3:34 PM
I hate to say it, but it sounds like the caliper is frozen and needs replaced. If you can't move it at all with the C-Clamp and the hose disconnected, it needs replaced.

I wish I had better news for you.

Let me know how things work out for you.

Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 7:30 PM