2001 ISUZU RODEO QUESTION CHECK ENGINE - REDUCED POWER LIGHT

• mtnbiker
  • 2001 Isuzu Rodeo

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 79000 miles

I get a check engine-reduced power lights after engine start. It seems to only happen when temperatures are 40 degrees or lower. The engine surges when idling. It will not go over 20 mph if I try to drive it. I have seen quite a few posts like thbi one but no real solutions. Please help.

Monday, November 8th, 2010 AT 1:09 PM

• saturntech9

The first thing you need to do is go to a auto part's store and have the code's read and let me know what the code numbers are.

Monday, November 8th, 2010 AT 4:22 PM
  • mtnbiker

Here are the codes I get: P1515 TP Sensor to MAF Sensor correlation
P1125 Electronic Throttle Control Limit performance mode.
P1295 Electronic Throttle Control -Power management mode.

I am assuming these codes lead me to several things: Mass Air flow sensor, Throttle position sensor and possibly the EGR Valve. I am not sure what to do or where to go from there.

Monday, November 8th, 2010 AT 6:18 PM
  • saturntech9

It looks like you have a throttle circuit issue I emailed you the trouble tree's for those three code's there for the 3.2 or the 3.5L engine's.I also need to know if you have the 3.2L or the 3.5L engine?

Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 12:39 PM
  • mtnbiker

Thank you for the info! I am working the trouble tree's right now. I will let you know how it comes out. The engine is a 3.2L.

Sunday, November 14th, 2010 AT 6:35 PM
  • m4ris4

I'm having the same issue with my 2002 Isuzu Rodeo - reduced power light comes on with the check engine light only in cold weather (started this year a few weeks ago). Last year I replaced the TPS, but don't think that is the problem. My truck is the 3.2L model. The codes are
P1295 Electronic Throttle Control Power management mode.
Would you be able to provide me the trouble trees?
Thanks.

Wednesday, December 29th, 2010 AT 11:29 PM
  • mtnbiker

I followed the trouble tree. It pointed me to the TPS. I replaced it for about 80 bucks. That did the trick! I'm back up and running. Thank you for the help!

Thursday, December 30th, 2010 AT 5:06 PM
  • MedicTech

I'm having the same issue with the reduced power mode. I cleaned the maf sensor, replaced the fuel filter, and did what I could to clean the egr valve. That seemed to work for about a day and then it came back on.

Can anyone email me the trouble tree or point me to where I can find it please?

Friday, July 20th, 2012 AT 5:40 PM
  • billthurston

I just started getting this problem can someone send me the trouble shooting tree. Thanks. I have a 02 rodeo with a 3.2L

Thursday, May 5th, 2016 AT 7:50 PM