2000 Isuzu Rodeo Question DRIVE BELT CHANGE

MIKE2005
  • 2000 ISUZU RODEO
I was driving my 2000 Isuzu Rodeo when my drive belt broke and found that the bearings in a pulley were totally destroyed so I replaced the pulley and drive belt but know my SUV is running poorly. Once I replaced the pulley and drive belt my SUV would not go over 40 miles hour and is idling poorly?
Sunday, January 18th, 2009 AT 12:45 PM

RACEFAN966
So what it the serpintine belt that you replaced or the timing belt? Did the car overheat when the belt broke? How hot did it get? Get back to me and we will see what we can find.
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 11:17 AM
MIKE2005
It was the serpintine belt and no the vehicle did not overheat but it did reach normal temperature faster being it was -2 deg.
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 9:10 PM
RACEFAN966
So when the belt broke did you check the antifreeze level and how low was it? If it was low it may have gotten hotter then the guage picked up. So you have it cold too in december we where -15 and better for a week here in North Idaho. We are much warmer no with 15 above taking the windchill in factor. I also must ask is it blowing any smoke out the tailpipe like black or blue or any other color? Also how much exhaust it coming out the tail pipe is it good and steady and increase when you have someone throttle it or does it seem to be the same all the time? Get back to me and we go from there.
Tuesday, January 20th, 2009 AT 9:46 AM
MIKE2005
No black or blue just blowing white smoke do to the cold weather and the antifreeze level is fine. Could there be a timing/belt issue do to the serpintine belt breaking?
Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 5:27 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok do you have a check engine light on or does it come on? If it does then call around and see if any of your local parts stores will do a free scan and get the codes and then clear them and give me the codes.
Now when was the last time that the timing belt was replaced?
When the belt broke it didn't hit anything and maybe diconnect the mass air flow meter or break any wires to it or anything like that did it? Let me know what you find and we will see where we go from here.
-1
Friday, January 23rd, 2009 AT 10:29 AM