2000 ISUZU RODEO QUESTION BRAKE LIGHT PROBLEM

• nebraska_chevyman
  • 2000 Isuzu Rodeo

2000 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles  2000 Rodeo has a brake/tail light problem. Brake lights work fine until the tail lights are turned on. When the tail lights are on and you push the brake peddle, all the reap lights go out with an exception of the center brake light in the rear window which works fine. Also, the cruise control won't work IF the head lights are on. Also, if the head lights are OFF, the dash lights will come on when you step on the brake. I suspected a grounding problem so I added a ground from  the chassis ground to the negative (-) tail light/brake light wire. It didn't help. Can you help please? Thanks.

Sunday, February 17th, 2008 AT 8:46 PM

• DaniGirlVA

Hi nebraska __chevyman

Did you find the answer? My 97 Rodeo has the same problem, I've tried many things with no luck. Would appreciate benefit of your experience :)

Tuesday, March 18th, 2008 AT 5:09 PM
  • nebraska_chevyman

Yes. We found the problem. FINALLY :*)
Believe it or not, it was a bulb causing all those symtoms I mentioned. I will never understand how the one defective bulb could cause all this grief but it did. I suggest you change all the tail light bulbs and "PRESTO" the problem will be cured. Let me know how you come out.
Lynn

Tuesday, March 18th, 2008 AT 6:13 PM