1998 Isuzu Rodeo Question Brakes Locking

BLACKHAZE669
  • 1998 ISUZU RODEO
Brakes problem
1998 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115k miles

• I own a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo I thought I needed to change my rear drum brakes, after removing the drum come to find out that the brakes where almost brand new I Should have though about it I had them changed at the dealer about six months(may be good maybe bad). I cleaned the brakes and the drum, adjusted them till they where nice and tight (which I not sure if that was a bad thing), and then I bleed the brakes from the drums and the master. The brakes are nice and tight when I tried to move the car the brakes would not release it felt like I am pushing the brakes slightly, so the Q is what can be causing that?
Monday, March 10th, 2008 AT 10:40 AM

Adjusted them till they where nice and tight

You probably need to readjust the rear brakes-reset the brake adjuster-make sure the drum spins freely after adustment-put wheel back on-and do atleast 5 times of braking in reverse this will set the brake adjuster.
Tuesday, March 11th, 2008 AT 4:32 PM
BLACKHAZE669
Thaks for the info, but I wound up changing the wheel cylinder only one was bad but I changed both.
I think I was adjusting the brakes to tight honestly.
Tuesday, March 11th, 2008 AT 10:44 PM