QUESTION COST OF OIL LEAK REPAIR

1996 Isuzu Rodeo

dstbird

February, 2, 2008 AT 7:04 PM

Engine problem
1996 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 103, 50 miles

I recently bought a 1996 Rodeo for my son. Today we took it to get the oil changed at a Valvoline Quick Change and was told there was a significant oil leak (" at the bottom near the the transmission" ). The technician said it was a very costly repair, but could not even estimate how much it would be. They also indicated there was also a small leak at the head gasket. I'm planning on having it fixed, but because I do not know what to expect I'm afraid not being familiar with a fair repair cost, I'll get ripped off as I have been in the past. Could you give me a ball-park estimate of what to expect for both repairs?

Thanks!

Oil Leak From Engine

mastertechtim

February, 2, 2008 AT 7:13 PM

To be honest the guy at quick lube probably is not experienced at this. Most likely the rear main seal he said was leaking, its probably not. I also doubt your head gasket is leaking. Have your local mechanic check it out, it could be as simple as a oil pressure switch or oil filter housing o ring. Hope this helps

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front