REAR DEMISTER PROBLEM

Isuzu

jack2133

February, 2, 2006 AT 12:35 PM

1988 2.6 LWB petrol.I have had it since new now with 90000 miles on the clock. It now only does about 2500 miles a year and is carefully maintained. However the heated rear window is not doing its job and only clears the lower section-and that not very well! It has never functioned properly.I have tested it and there is current flowing along all of the " fillaments" but only the lower ones feel warm. My son in law reckons it is a relay problem and there are not enough amps going through although the voltage is there. Can that be so?

Jack42

February, 2, 2006 AT 3:28 PM

Sounds like the filaments are having a problem, if part works but part doesnt and there is voltage I would go to the window its self

jack2133

February, 3, 2006 AT 1:07 PM

Thanks for your reply. When you say the problem could be the window are you saying it is the wrong type of glass for the filaments. Perhaps too thick for the voltage to heat up?

Climate Control Stuck on Defrost?
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic