75,000 miles V6 3.5L 4WD 2000 Trooper
On my Isuzu the transmission is a sealed unit. It has an overfill and drain plug. I have developed a leak and my transmission is slipping I reviewed an entry that this type of transmission does not require service. The manufacturers have used a type of transmission oil that does not break down and consequently does not require changing.
1) Does this mean I only need to fix the leak?
2) What type of ATF fluid/oil would be best to use for replacement of what has leaked out?
3) Can the ATF be flushed and filled?
4) What would the average cost be to fix a leaky transmission on my Trooper from a mechanic?
5) What is your opinion on over the counter products promising to fix transmission leaks?
6) Where do I check the level of ATF.
I know this was more than one question, but any help would be welcomed.
have the same problem?
Tuesday, July 3rd, 2007 AT 8:41 PM