CLUTCH PEDAL AND SHIFTING

1999 Isuzu

Prophecy1958

December, 30, 2007 AT 8:26 AM

Other Category problem
1999 Other Isuzu Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 110000 miles

I have just had my clutch replaced 1 1/2 years ago and now when I depress the clutch, I have difficulty shifting into gear - there sems to be alot of play in the clutch

mhpautos

December, 30, 2007 AT 11:45 PM

Hi there,

Check the hydraulics, you may have a leak at the master or slave cylinder and air has entered the system, you will have to repair the leak and re bleed the system.

B.Hubs

March, 7, 2008 AT 8:10 PM

Check that the clutch res. Is full and there is no air in the system. You can have some one pump the clutch pedal once, twice and hold the pedal to the floor on the third pump. While holding to the floor gently open the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder.
You will hear and see if there is air in the system. If there is no air you may also be able to take up the slack in the pedal. Lengthen the rod at the top of the clutch pedal that goes through the firewall into the back of the clutch master cylinder. I believe it takes a 12mm wrench.
B. Hubs

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement