4X4 ENGAGE

1994 Isuzu

selvy

February, 9, 2008 AT 3:37 AM

Other Category problem
1994 Other Isuzu Models 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 125000 miles

I have a 1994 Isuzu Amigo with four wheel drive. How do I properly engage the system? Everytime I try to engage 4 wheel high when it hits about 30 mph a shuddering begins and gets worse if I go faster. I really like my truck and don't want to damage it!

stien514

March, 5, 2008 AT 9:16 PM

Check the front yoke (driveshaft) grease it up it should a grease fitting on the shaft and one on either end to grease the universal joints you can also take it off to make sure it slides smoothly. If you remove make sure you mark the fit relationship so that you put it back exactly as it can off.

steveo1975

Are you going that fast in 4 wheel drive on pavement? If so, it's not designed to do that. So stop. It is only to be used off the pavement. Although, your bearings could be shot in the front wheels, or something is out of balance, like the front driveshaft.

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions