2004 ISUZU AXIOM ENGINE FAILURE

• radmomincali
  • 2004 Isuzu Axiom

2004 Isuzu Axiom 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 2004 miles

Can the failure of a fuel injector lead to the ultimate failure of an entire engine? Isuzu warranty replaced 3 fuel injectors after 1 failed 6 weeks ago and now the entire engine must be replaced. Can the failed injector lean out the oil in the vehicle so much that it ultimately fails the engine or?

Friday, November 13th, 2009 AT 11:11 AM

• Docfixit

It is possible if injector was bleeding to wash oil and dilute but in 45 yrs have not seen that happen. So what failed in engine? Rods, bearings, piston holed?

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 AT 1:22 PM
  • radmomincali

I know that wen they started the repair this time that they started with a sensor. Worked their way over to the engine computer. Then to a rod and after that they said a valve was bent and it needed an engine. In the tech's notes, it references the earlier repair.

Also, the car had a stalling problem that was brought to their attention at the same time as the injector issue. I would drive and the car would stall for no reason during driving. That problem was never resolved.

Any thoughts?

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 AT 5:48 PM
  • Docfixit

Think a second diagnosis is needed is this the Dealer?

Thursday, December 17th, 2009 AT 8:33 AM
  • radmomincali

It is the dealer. The car was towed in this time and they worked on it for 12 days under the warranty. Then, when they decided it was the engine, they also decided that they didn't want to repair it under warranty.

I am currently in Federal arbitration in Washington D.C. Over this issue.

Thursday, December 17th, 2009 AT 11:23 AM