ENGINE FAILURE

2004 Isuzu Axiom

radmomincali

November, 13, 2009 AT 11:11 AM

2004 Isuzu Axiom 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 2004 miles

Can the failure of a fuel injector lead to the ultimate failure of an entire engine? Isuzu warranty replaced 3 fuel injectors after 1 failed 6 weeks ago and now the entire engine must be replaced. Can the failed injector lean out the oil in the vehicle so much that it ultimately fails the engine or?

Docfixit

December, 16, 2009 AT 1:22 PM

It is possible if injector was bleeding to wash oil and dilute but in 45 yrs have not seen that happen. So what failed in engine? Rods, bearings, piston holed?

radmomincali

December, 16, 2009 AT 5:48 PM

I know that wen they started the repair this time that they started with a sensor. Worked their way over to the engine computer. Then to a rod and after that they said a valve was bent and it needed an engine. In the tech's notes, it references the earlier repair.

Also, the car had a stalling problem that was brought to their attention at the same time as the injector issue. I would drive and the car would stall for no reason during driving. That problem was never resolved.

Any thoughts?

Docfixit

December, 17, 2009 AT 8:33 AM

Think a second diagnosis is needed is this the Dealer?

radmomincali

December, 17, 2009 AT 11:23 AM

It is the dealer. The car was towed in this time and they worked on it for 12 days under the warranty. Then, when they decided it was the engine, they also decided that they didn't want to repair it under warranty.

I am currently in Federal arbitration in Washington D.C. Over this issue.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20