The fan clutch may have been damaged when it went off the road.
When it went into the ditch, the fan may have hit the shroud and damaged the clutch assembly.
I would replace it and make sure there is no update for the ECM. It does control the operation of the clutch.
1. Remove the cooling fan and shroud.
2. Remove the push-pin and release the fan clutch electrical connector from the fan shroud.
3. Remove the fan clutch from the fan shroud.
4. Remove the bolts retaining the fan blade to the fan clutch.
5. Separate the fan blade from the fan clutch.
Monday, August 20th, 2018 AT 3:59 AM