S I HAVE A DISEL V8 9.0 LTR THAT OV

1974 International Truck

cfidavid

July, 22, 2009 AT 3:04 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1974 International Truck s V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 85000 miles

I just changed the water pump on my truck engine and it now over heats and blows air out of the radiator it seems to build air in the cooling system when you crank it or its running and then it over heats it does seem to be pumping water

mickey-d

November, 30, 2009 AT 9:53 PM

I have a question for you, along with some ideas. Why did you change the w/pump, and was the engine overheating before you changed it? Also, did you change the thermostat too? If not, pull it out and take out the center piece with the spring, then put it back in. Slowly, fill the system with water until you can see it, but don't overfill it. Start it up, and let it run, keeping an eye on the water level. As it goes down and you start to see the radiator core, slowly add more water. If this works, you had a stuck t-stat. You might also want to make sure that the fan is not on backwards, it can happen. Good luck, mickey-d.

Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement