CAR WONT START-BATTERY DRAINAGE

1972 International Scout

kassandratovar

March, 2, 2010 AT 7:52 PM

1972 International Scout Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a '72 international scout that is having issue's starting. I tried starting it and it tried, sputtered, and then died. I have changed batteries, checked terminals, made sure battery was grounded. It was all to no avail as the scout did not start anymore. I was wondering what could be causing this to malfunction? The battery I tried switching out was a fully charged on and it completely drained it as well.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

billymac

March, 7, 2010 AT 8:48 PM

Hi the batt was good then you tried to start it drained the batterry. This sounds like a typical mad starter

Jellyco

March, 8, 2010 AT 12:32 AM

Checked your points lately? Change them out to an Ignitor II system or other electronic ignition. If you've already done that check your coil and double check to make sure all spark plug wires are in right location. The #1 plug is different from other autos.

middy

March, 20, 2010 AT 10:37 PM

Remember, you need fuel, compression, and spark. You're focusing on spark. Charge the battery up good, give that puppy a shot of starter fluid & see what happens.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe