1972 International Scout Car wont startbattery drainage

KASSANDRATOVAR
  • 1972 INTERNATIONAL SCOUT

1972 International Scout Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a '72 international scout that is having issue's starting. I tried starting it and it tried, sputtered, and then died. I have changed batteries, checked terminals, made sure battery was grounded. It was all to no avail as the scout did not start anymore. I was wondering what could be causing this to malfunction? The battery I tried switching out was a fully charged on and it completely drained it as well.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 AT 7:52 PM

BILLYMAC

Hi the batt was good then you tried to start it drained the batterry. This sounds like a typical mad starter

Sunday, March 7th, 2010 AT 8:48 PM
JELLYCO

Checked your points lately? Change them out to an Ignitor II system or other electronic ignition. If you've already done that check your coil and double check to make sure all spark plug wires are in right location. The #1 plug is different from other autos.

Monday, March 8th, 2010 AT 12:32 AM
MIDDY

Remember, you need fuel, compression, and spark. You're focusing on spark. Charge the battery up good, give that puppy a shot of starter fluid & see what happens.

Saturday, March 20th, 2010 AT 10:37 PM