Instrument Cluster Dash Light Does Not Come On All The Time

REALFUTBALL
  • 2007 CHRYSLER SEBRING
Hi, I have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring (2.4L, 4-cyl) and my dash lights keep going out. It will come on sometimes then flicker in and out or I will turn on my headlights and it will not come on at all so the speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauges are not lit, but I can see mileage, drive and engine lights. I have read and heard that its the inverter located in the instrument cluster that is most likely the faulty part here (under designed on Chrysler's par). I have ordered a used instrument cluster. If I do a direct swap of the instrument clusters, will I be able to retain my original miles or will I have the miles that are stored from the used part? Would it be more appropriate to try and remove just the inverter from the used cluster and try to reinstall it into my current cluster?

Thanks,
Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 AT 3:44 PM

I would just replace the entire cluster. As far as the mileage, it will stay the same.
Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 AT 6:58 PM
REALFUTBALL
Jacobandnickolas, thank you for the response. So are you saying the mileage is independent of the cluster unit? If I replace the entire cluster, the new (used/replaced) cluster unit will calibrate to that of my car (rather than keep the mileage of the car it was pulled from)?

Thursday, April 30th, 2015 AT 11:02 AM
Yes, that's correct.
Sunday, May 3rd, 2015 AT 7:17 PM